Radionuclide technology for wear analysis
We developed n-RAI specifically for model tribology – concretely, to measure wear with radionuclide measurement technology. It allows online wear measurement during the entire experiment. The occurrence of wear can be correlated with pre-set load variables. This is a major advantage over the tactile or optical measurement methods previously found in tribological model test procedures, which cannot measure and evaluate the chronology of wear development.
- Evaluation of the wear behavior of your components in correlation with operating conditions.
- Determination of the variables that influence the wear protection behavior of your lubricant.
- Scrutiny of the relationship between wear rates and other tribometric characteristics.
- Testing of the performance limits in the wear protection behavior of your lubricant under dynamic load collectives.
- Parallel use of analysis tools such as ATD and TriboProfiling® provides a comprehensive evaluation of your product’s wear and friction behavior.
- Real time correlation of tribological load values and wear behavior of a friction partner in the tribosystem.
- Our laboratory-compatible radionuclide wear measurement technology provides knowledge of wear characteristics previously unavailable in model testing.
- The radioactivity levels are radiologically safe and remain below all technically and legally relevant limits.