ETS Easy Tribology Screener
Fast, precise, cost-efficient: measure friction and wear up to 300 N
Even if you are a small or medium-sized company with little or no experience in tribological measurement technology, the ETS Easy Tribology Screener will very quickly provide you with the primary parameters of your products: Friction and wear. From now on, you will benefit from a well-founded data basis for product ranking and optimization, so that you can hold your own in the market.
With the ETS, this is ensured by a fully equipped, sophisticated test environment, intuitive operation with minimal training effort and uncomplicated test routines. With a test load range of up to 300 N, the ETS is specifically designed to meet your requirements as a manufacturer of coatings, lubricants, additives and materials.
As a benchtop instrument, the ETS is also an ideal tool for condition monitoring of lubricants during operation as well as for preventive maintenance tasks. All in all, the ideal entry-level instrument for tribological testing - developed and manufactured by Optimol Instruments, the market leader in tribological testing systems.
- Immediate professional and cost-effective screenings up to 300 N test load
- Complete package with minimal training requirements
- Robust and proven technology from Optimol Instruments
Test principle of the ETS Easy Tribology Screener
The ETS Easy Tribology Screener has an electromagnetic linear drive which generates a periodic sinusoidal translational motion in the frequency range from 10 Hz to 70 Hz with strokes from 0.01 mm to 3 mm (oscillation) as the relative motion of the test contact.
The lower oscillating test specimen is mounted on an oscillating table. The upper test specimen is fixed.
Basic principle of ETS testing
The basic principle of the ETS test is to determine the coefficient of friction of a pair of materials with or without an intermediate medium based on the following definition:
- Specification of the test variables frequency, stroke, test force, test temperature and test duration
- Pressure of the upper specimen against the lower specimen with a defined normal force
- Vibration of the lower specimen against the surface of the upper specimen with a sinusoidal motion pattern
- Measurement of the lateral friction force resulting from the movement of the oscillating lower specimen against the upper specimen
- Online calculation and recording of the friction coefficient
- Online wear measurement with differential eddy current technology
Key data of the ETS Easy Tribology Screener
For your specific test projects on the ETS Easy Tribology Screener, surface pressures in the range of 20 to 3000 MPa can be configured. A maximum sliding speed of 0.3 m/s is achieved in the test contact. The operating temperatures of the friction contact are adjustable from room temperature to 200°C.
ETS Easy Tribology Screener functionality
- Movement type
The ETS Easy Tribology Screener allows continuous or discontinuous translation at sliding speeds from 0.0001 m/s to 0.3 m/s.
- Contact geometries
Friction contacts with abstracted contact geometries can be realized. Test specimens for modeling point and line contacts are available. Tests can be performed with or without intermediate medium. The friction conditions that can be simulated in this way range between boundary, mixed and dry friction.
- Point contact (ball diameter 4, 6, 10 mm)
- Line contact (6 x 8 mm transverse)
Splash lubrication with or without fluid bath